Monday 5 November 2018

Halloween dress


There's no Halloween in Finland, but it got me a bit inspired to do a darker dress. I had in mind to do black chiffon one as I have never sewed chiffon before. In the end I had to change my plan as local fabric shop didn't have any good black, so I ended up with wine red instead.

The fabric has a tulle-like texture and is as soft as chiffon. Lining is black. During the project I had mixed feelings with this combination: sometimes I liked it and others I hated it. Luckily it ended well.

For the dress I used the same pattern as my older one. Only modification were to remove zipper on the back and change it to buttoning on the front.

Overall I'm pretty happy how it turned out. Of course there are some small mistakes but I can bear with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment