Friday 2 August 2019

Bolero Primavera


I graduated and moved to a bigger apartment! And as I'm sort of unemployed I have time to make things. I began to knit this at the beginning on june and finished it few weeks back. I have knitted thin yarn a bit to shawls so I wanted to try a cardigan or bolero this time.

It's hard to find good patterns for thin yarn. In the end I just decided to do somethin that looks good and just use thinner needles and yarn. I found this pattern. It says needle size 3,5-4 but I used 2. I made size L as thinner needles would mean smaller size.

Pattern Primavera from Teetee (finnish):
https://www.tekstiiliteollisuus.fi/naytaohje.php?tuoteid=118&kieli=1

Everything went well until I had to sew the pieces together: as the proportions were a bit off it came out a bit wonky. The collar won't look as good as it's too wide to turn well. But I like the lace pattern.

All in all, I'm not that happy with this. The pattern example looks good but mine ended up a bit of a disaster. But now I know I have to adjust height too if I change yarn to thinner one.


No comments:

Post a Comment